We are continuing every effort to ensure the safety of our staff as well as our loyal clients and maintain the ability to treat our patients through the phases of COVID-19, your patience has helped us to achieve these goals and remain open and serve you and your pets needs. We appreciate your patience and support through this transition! Animal Medical Center is able to offer in person visits as well as continue our convenient curbside appointments for you. Masks are required for in person appointments, NO EXCEPTIONS.
If you have an upcoming appointment at Animal Medical Center, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- When you arrive in our parking lot for your scheduled appointment time please call our reception staff at 540-868-1001. They will need the make, model, and color of your vehicle as well as a credit card number for payment, please be prepared with your card number. Any credit card information will be destroyed immediately following its processing.
- After speaking with a member of our Client Service Team your call will be forwarded to the Exam Room Technician who will ask the appropriate questions and attain a brief medical history from you. They will also need a good phone number for the doctor to contact you to discuss the exam results. Please be patient and available for our call. The exam room technician will then come to your vehicle to retrieve your pet if you have chosen curbside, if an in person visit they will escort you and your pet in to begin the visit. We ask that you are prepared, for curbside please be outside of your vehicle to hand over your pet and exchange leashes with one of ours, cats MUST be in a carrier. We ask that you please remain in the parking lot while your pet is inside for services and not leave during the curbside appointment.
- Please note that the doctor will discuss any recommended diagnostics with you over the phone or if in person in the exam room. The Exam Room Technician will also call you at the end of the appointment to go over any medications, discharge instructions, and the total cost of the visit. Your pet will then be returned to you at your vehicle along with any medications/take-home treatments and a copy of your receipt for curbside.
- Scheduled Technician appointments will follow the same process for curbside or in person appointments.
- Surgical Technicians will discuss estimates and proper admission questions over the phone as well before retrieving surgical patients from you.
- If your pet has been hospitalized or you are returning to pick up a surgical patient the reception staff will discuss charges and receive payment over the phone when you arrive for your scheduled discharge. The call will then be forwarded to a Technician who will discuss discharge information and medications before returning your pet to you at your vehicle, please be available by phone so we may facilitate the discharge in a timely manner.
- If you have called in a medication refill, please call the staff before coming to pick up and pay over the phone using a credit card number. Your receipt and medication will then be place in the drop box by the front entrance. If your medication is refrigerated an ice pack will be placed with the medication but please let the staff know when you are on your way so that the medication does not sit in the box for an extended period of time. We will not be able to order non-stocked medicines or prescription foods until further notice, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If any concerns, feel free to call us and discuss our online pharmacy options at 540-868-1001.
If you are feeling ill, we do ask that you reschedule your pet’s appointment or have someone else bring your pet to Animal Medical Center. If you have any questions, please contact us at 540-868-1001.